PRESS STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE UNITED MUSLIM FORUM OF SOUTH AFRICA
We the under mentioned organizations making up the United Muslim Forum of South Africa:
Somali Association of South Africa
Al Bayaan Islamic Council Trust (Somali community)
Jamiat ul Ulema
Channel Islam International
Muslim Judicial Council
Media Review Network
Jamiat ul Ulema Gauteng
Sunni Ulema Council of S.A.
Muslim Lawyers Association
Muslim Students Association – Wits
Association of Muslim Accountants and Lawyers
Call of Islam
Jameah Mehmoodiya Springs
KZN Society for the protection of Human Rights
Jamiat ul Ulema KZN
Islamic Research Organisation
United Ulema Council of South Africa
Jamiat ul Ulema Easter Cape
South African National Zakaah Fund
1. We categorically deny any justification for any local or international Muslims or organizations to want to jeopardize the World Cup and the safety of those who are attending the World Cup Tournament.
2. We find the allegations that any local or international Muslim and or Muslim organization would want to jeopardize the peace, stability and security in South Africa by attacking the World Cup as deeply offensive and highly insulting
3. We express concern and repudiate certain media reports implicating Muslims in alleged campaigns of terror threats directed at the 2010 World Cup.
4. We note with concern media reports implicating Muslims from inter alia, Pakistan Somalia, Bangladesh, and India, as having the prospect of perpetuating xenophobia and Islamophobia.
5. We categorically state that we know of no plans from the Muslim community to jeopardize the safety of the World Cup. We express concern however that there may be a conspiracy to raise false flags against the Muslim community and to implicate the local and international Muslim community in unsubstantiated allegations of terror threats to the 2010 World Cup.
6. We categorically repudiate any suggestion that there exists credible evidence that either local or international Muslims are attempting to jeopardize the safety of the World Cup.
7. At a meeting convened by representatives of the forum, it was agreed that we seek an urgent meeting with the relevant authorities to raise concerns about the possibility of Israeli manipulation in framing Muslims in any possible attacks.
8. We welcome the assurances provided by the Ministry of Safety and Security, / Intelligence, and Mozambique authorities refuting baseless allegations from faceless sources.
Issued by the United Muslim Forum of S.A.
Convener: Zahid Asmal 0847868937 – email@example.com
Spokespersons: Iqbal Jassat – 0835943749 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Moulana Ebrahim Bham – 0837862859
Moulana Ighsaan Hendriks – 0833846937
Mufti Ebrahim Desai 031 785 1048
- PRESS RELEASE : Protectthe Rohingya. - June 8, 2020
- EID-UL-FITR MESSAGE-1441 (A.H) (2020) - May 23, 2020
- How Israel Legitimizes the Abuse of Palestinian Political Prisoners - April 30, 2020