Providing Context and Substance
The aspiration of the Media Review Network is to dispel the myths and stereotypes about Islam and Muslims and to foster bridges of understanding among the diverse people of our country. The Media Review Network believes that Muslim perspectives on issues impacting on South Africans are a prerequisite to a better appreciation of Islam. MRN is a South African group working to expose Zionist Apartheid and the occupation of Palestine.
As Muslims, we need to have our opinions and insights heard on a daily basis as a matter of routine, rather than an exception. MRN given its experience, commitment of its members. As a result of gracious donors & public support can now spearhead the task of meeting challenges posed by a sophisticated mass communication system.
Aims and Objectives
* To monitor, analyze and evaluate the double standards in the mass media.
* To arouse curiosity, inquiry, research and interest in Islam.
* To counter the onslaught on Islam.
* To express alternate perspectives and policy positions on local and international issues.
Counter Racism & Hate speech
- We endeavor to research the impact caused by such misrepresentations and to regularly publish these findings.
- By arousing curiosity, inquiry, research in Islam whilst dispelling false media propaganda.
Fight for Justice
- Speaking the truth wherever truth needs to be heard.
- We express alternative perspectives and policy positions on local and international issues.
- Reporting on up-to-date issues, bringing forth uncensored journalism.
Fighting for Human Rights
- Countering Zionism, ethnic cleansing and the inhumane dispossession of nations.