4) Heed Palestinian civil society’s — as well as Amnesty International’s — call for a full military embargo on Israel.
5) Implement the decisions of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) conference in Durban in 2006 to:
a. ban all products of Israeli companies operating in the occupied Palestinian territory, and
b. ban entry of Israeli settlers into South Africa
6) Hold South Africans who have enlisted in the Israeli occupation army accountable to legal prosecution, in accordance with South African laws.
7) Immediately act on the Gaza Docket currently lodged with the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) which names several South Africans who served in the previous Israeli massacre in Gaza in 2009.
8) Issue guidelines to South African citizens and businesses, in line with the guidelines that have been issued by 17 European governments to discourage any support for Israel’s occupation and illegal colonies/settlements (http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.603030).
9) Adopt ethical and international law guidelines that exclude international corporations complicit in Israeli violations of international law including Caterpillar, G4S, Veolia, among others, from public contracts.
10) Move away from the history of Apartheid South Africa’s cosy relations with Israel and immediately implement strict visa requirements for Israelis entering our country who must be investigated for their possible involvement in human rights abuses and war crimes including involvement in the Israeli Defense Force.
11) Finally, to affirm those brave Jewish South Africans who are standing up and refusing to allow Israel to conduct these Israeli strikes in their name. Those Jewish South Africans who refuse to allow the SA Jewish Board of Deputies or the South Africa Zionist Federation to speak in their name and who, instead, have also joined the BDS campaign and Palestinian solidarity movement in condemning the Israeli strikes on Gaza.
11th Floor | Braamfontein Centre | 23 Jorissen Street | Braamfontein | Johannesburg
PO Box 2318 | Houghton | 2041 | Johannesburg
T: +27 (0) 11 403 2097 | M: +27 (0) 84 211 9988 | F: +27 (0) 86 650 4836
W: www.bdssouthafrica.com | E: email@example.com
www.facebook.com/bdssouthafrica | www.twitter.com/bdssouthafricaBDS South Africa is a registered Non-Profit Organization. NPO NUMBER: 084 306 NPO
BDS South Africa is a registered Public Benefit Organisation with Section 18A status. PBO NUMBER: 930 037 446
Latest posts by MRN (see all)
- Occupation in Kashmir- A Human Rights Catastrophe - August 14, 2019
- MESSAGE ON THE OCCASION OF EID-UL-ADHA 1440 (12.08.2019) - August 7, 2019
- Wear Black in solidarity with Rohingya. - June 10, 2019