Since the start of October, Palestinians have been taking part in mass popular resistance against Israeli settler colonialism and apartheid.
On Saturday, tens of thousands of people joined a huge demonstration in al-Khalil (Hebron) and similarly large demonstrations took place in Jerusalem, Ramallah, Bethlehem and across Palestine. Palestinians continue to take mass action on an almost daily basis in cities, towns and villages throughout historic Palestine.
This uprising is led by a generation of fearless young Palestinian Davids who are no longer intimidated by the brutality of the Israeli Goliath and who are asserting their right to self-determination and freedom. It comes as a response to the escalation of Israel’s criminal attacks on and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.
Israel’s repression of this ongoing uprising has been brutal. Israel has killed 74 Palestinians, mostly unarmed protesters and bystanders, including 15 children and a pregnant woman. More than 2,000 civilians have been shot with live and rubber coated bullets. More than 1,350 Palestinians have been arrested.
See our full update for a selection of photos and updates about the ongoing popular resistance.
Take action in solidarity with the Palestinian popular resistance:
- Share our photos and update about the ongoing protests in Palestine and the mapping of resistance by our member organisation Stop the Wall.
- Organise a protest or visually exciting, creative action in solidarity with Palestinian popular struggle. Take steps to ensure your actions are covered in the media and shared through social media. Please use the #SolidarityWaveBDS hashtag.
- Read and share our Q&A on the ongoing popular resistance to try to counter some of the falsehoods and bias circulating in the media.
- Read and share our briefing on how international military ties help Israel to repress Palestinian resistance.
- Read and check out more ideas for action here.
Palestinian BDS National Committee
- Occupation in Kashmir- A Human Rights Catastrophe - August 14, 2019
- MESSAGE ON THE OCCASION OF EID-UL-ADHA 1440 (12.08.2019) - August 7, 2019
- Wear Black in solidarity with Rohingya. - June 10, 2019