“ZIONISM has created rivers of blood”. Rabbi DOVID WEISS.
“ISRAEL is the illegitimate child of ethnic nationalism”. MICHAEL NEUMANN.
Al-Quds, is the Arabic name for the city of Jerusalem. The Al-Aqsa Mosque, the third holiest site in Islam after Masjid-Al-Haram in Mecca and The Prophet’s Mosque, Masjid Al-Nabawi in Medina, is situated in Al-Quds.
International Al-Quds Day is observed annually on the last Friday of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Demonstrations are held all over the African continent, the Middle East, Britain, Europe, Canada, USA and Asia, where people show their support for the oppressed of the world, in particular Palestine.
Since 1979, it’s been the duty of every Muslim and non-Muslim, every Christian, every Jew, every single human being, to rally in solidarity against Israel for the liberation of Jerusalem and the Palestinian people from Israeli oppression on Al-Quds Day.
Since 1947, Israel has repeatedly violated the Geneva Conventions by:
- Targeting, killing, and collectively punishing non-combatant men, women and children
- Moving its own population into an occupied zone
- Imposing unnecessary curfews and closures
- Exercising disproportionate use of force against the defenceless Palestinians
Israel defies international law and hundreds of U.N. resolutions by:
- Refusing to end over of military occupation
- Continuous expansion of illegal Israeli settlements
- Building the Apartheid Wall to take over Palestinian land and water resources
- Denying the right of return for millions of Palestinian refugees
In Solidarity with International Al Quds Day, a picket will be held on Friday 1 July 2016. We will join the International Solidarity movement in calling for a free Palestine. Speakers will include representatives of the Palestinian Solidarity Alliance, The Women’s boat to Gaza, Islamic Centre for Africa Trust and the Media Review Network.
Date: 1 July 2016 (Friday)
Time: 2 pm -3:30 pm
Venue: Corner West Street and Fredman Drive , Sandton
Issued by: Waaseel Bagus
Monday, 27 June 2016
For Futher Inquiries Contact: Waaseel @ 078752 4508 OR
Sayed Hoseini @ 083 2583712
- PRESS RELEASE : Protectthe Rohingya. - June 8, 2020
- EID-UL-FITR MESSAGE-1441 (A.H) (2020) - May 23, 2020
- How Israel Legitimizes the Abuse of Palestinian Political Prisoners - April 30, 2020