It has come to my attention that the US Embassy wishes to host an iftaar supper for some members of the Muslim community.
I solemnly urge any person who has received this invitation to decline. I believe that accepting this invitation would be a sign of condoning the foreign policies of the US government.
The US government is a symbol of imperialism and terrorism, and subscribes itself to a system of standards and principles that does not consider the value of human life.
By accepting this invitation it will be legitimizing atrocities such as:
- The inhumane unjustified detention of inmates at Guantanamo Bay
- Inhumane and unjustified detention of Dr Aafia Siddique
- Drone strikes which have killed hundred’s men, women and children including those attending funerals and wedding ceremonies
- Support for systems that are cruel, unjust, and unbelievably evil such as the Apartheid state of Israel whose genocide and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians continues unabated.
- Remaining quiet in the wake of mass murders of the Rohingya Muslims
- Supporting the illegal overthrow of the democratically elected president of Egypt, Mohammed Mursi by means of a military coup.
Any self respecting individual with a sense of humanity will need no coercion to reject the invitation of the US Embassy to partake in the iftaar supper.
Nabila Mahomed Ismail
Researcher: Media Review Network
- PRESS RELEASE : Protectthe Rohingya. - June 8, 2020
- EID-UL-FITR MESSAGE-1441 (A.H) (2020) - May 23, 2020
- How Israel Legitimizes the Abuse of Palestinian Political Prisoners - April 30, 2020