Skip to content

Zionism – Breaking News

Somalia another cia backed coup blows up

  • by

Somalia: Another CIA-Backed Coup Blows Up

Mike Whitney

"The Ethiopian invasion, which was sanctioned by the US government, has destroyed virtually all the life-sustaining economic systems which the population has built for the last fifteen years." Abdi Samatar, professor of Global Studies at the University of Minnesota, Democracy Now

December 02, 2008 — Up until a month ago, no one in the Bush administration showed the least bit of interest in the incidents of piracy off the coast of Somalia. Now that’s all changed and there’s talk of sending in the Navy to patrol the waters off the Horn of Africa and clean up the pirates hideouts. Why the sudden about-face? Could it have something to do with the fact that the Ethiopian army is planning to withdrawal all of its troops from Mogadishu by the end of the year, thus, ending the failed two year US-backed occupation of Somalia?

 The United States has lost the ground war in Somalia, but that doesn’t mean its geopolitical objectives have changed one iota. The US intends to stay in the region for years to come and use its naval power to control the critical shipping lanes from the Gulf of Aden. The growing strength of the Somali national resistance is a set-back, but it doesn’t change the basic game-plan. The pirates are actually a blessing in disguise. They provide an excuse for the administration to beef up it’s military presence and put down roots. Every crisis is an opportunity.

 

Read More »Somalia another cia backed coup blows up

Hajaig apology

  • by

 Hajaig apology

Hajaig apology places spotlight on those who cry antisemitism yet ignore slaughter of semites in Gaza

Iqbal Jassat

 The news that Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Fatima Hajaig has expressed her regret about remarks made by her allows us to take a fresh view of this debacle.

 Though she has apologised for what some within the Jewish community perceived as antisemitic, it is possible that those who raised this flag found her remarks ideally suited to divert attention away from South Africa’s revulsion of Israel’s criminal conduct in the Gaza Strip.

 

 

 

 

  

 

Read More »Hajaig apology

Israel hand over 65 demolition orders to palestinian families in jerusalem

  • by

Israel hand over 65 demolition orders to Palestinian families in Jerusalem

by Ghassan Bannoura – IMEMC News & Agencies

The Israeli municipality of Jerusalem handed out on Sunday evening more demolition orders to 65 Palestinian families all over east Jerusalem.

Palestinian owned home demolished in Jerusalem – file 2008
Palestinian owned home demolished in Jerusalem – file 2008

According to local sources some of these families had received the same notices before.

The orders were issued under new legislation, Israeli law 212. Law 212 allows homes to be demolished or evacuated without any formal legal charges being brought forth or any party to be convicted of any alleged violation of the Israeli Planning and Building Law. Hateem Abed al Kader, the Minister of Jerusalem Affairs in the Palestinian Government said the demolition orders were political.

"The high number of demolition orders indicates they are political, their objective is to force Palestinians out and tip the demographic balance towards the settlers. The number of homes that are set for demolition in Jerusalem is now 1,200 homes." Abed al Kader told IMEMC over the phone.

According to the Israeli municipality, the homes were built without required building permits. Since Israel occupied East Jerusalem in 1967, it has rarely given Palestinian residents permission to build homes or to modify existing ones. Meanwhile, Israeli settlements in and around Jerusalem continue to be built, an act that is illegal under international law.

last week At lest a dozen Palestinian families in various parts of East Jerusalem have received demolition orders issued by the Jerusalem Municipality.

 author email ghassanb at imemc dot org

Read More »Israel hand over 65 demolition orders to palestinian families in jerusalem

Flotilla journalists to sue Isarael

  • by

(source: Al Jazeera)

A group of journalists has announced that it plans to sue Israel over its deadly raid on a flotilla of aid ships bound for the Gaza Strip in May.Lawyers have already begun preparing lawsuits in several European countries, according to several of the journalists, who met in Istanbul on Wednesday. The group accused Israel of violating international law.

One of the nine people killed on board the Mavi Marmara, the main ship, was Cevdet Kulclar, a Turkish journalist.Reporters who were on board the ships say the Israeli government never returned their equipment or passports, and that Israeli soldiers later used their credit cards.

An Italian journalist, Manolo Luppichini, told the Israeli newspaper Haaretz in June that his credit card was used to make NIS250 ($65) worth of purchases in Israel.

In a statement released after their meeting, the journalists said they are demanding compensation for their losses, the return of their equipment, and an international inquiry into Israel’s treatment of the reporters on board the flotilla.

The group of more than 30 journalists includes reporters from Turkey, Spain, Germany, Lebanon, Egypt, the United Kingdom and the United States.Several of the journalist on board the ship were from Al Jazeera.

Read More »Flotilla journalists to sue Isarael