Why Israel?, written by South African activists Suraya Dadoo and Firoz Osman is here! This is going to be one of the best resources for SA Palestinian solidarity activists and the BDS movement. In a pioneering contribution, the book exposes the South African Zionist lobby and its long history of using intimidation and smear campaigns. But the book goes far beyond that.
The foreword is written by Ronnie Kasrils, and the book is endorsed by Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Ahmed Kathrada, Essop Pahad, Omar Barghouti, John Dugard, Ramzy Baroud, Zwelinzima Vavi, and Terry Crawford-Browne (amongst others).
It describes clearly and simply:
• how Zionist Apartheid is implemented;
• why the Apartheid analogy can be used to describe Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, and how it differs from the South African version;
• Israel’s violation of international laws and the consequences for Palestinians;
• how various pro-Israel lobbies, globally, have been able to maintain Israel’s reputation in the West in spite of its Apartheid practices;
• abuse of anti-Semitism;
• why the growing global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign and ‘lawfare’ against Israel is an effective form of resistance.
Why Israel? makes widely accessible expert academic analysis, online commentaries, articles and blogs of well-known and highly-respected Palestinian activists and human rights organisations, as well as reports from a wide range of Palestinian and Israeli NGO’s. The result is a comprehensive, easy-to-understand investigation of Israel’s colonisation of Palestine, covering almost every facet of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
It is fully-footnoted, with a 16-page full-colour photo essay (shocking images of violence and discrimination from ActiveStills, and powerful images of 1948 and 1967 Nakba’s from UNRWA), “quotable quotes” in side-bars, a detailed bibliography, index, and a list of useful websites and resources.
It will, therefore, be especially useful to activists, like you, who need accurate, clear facts on Israeli Apartheid (particularly to write op-eds, articles, responses, prepare for advocacy efforts and media interviews, to use on social media etc.) It is also going to be useful to high-school and university students, academics, journalists, government officials, and researchers. In fact, the book will be an indispensable guide for anyone wanting to fully understand Israeli Apartheid.
PLEASE HELP US BY PRE-ORDERING THIS BOOK ASAP!
3 WAYS TO PRE-ORDER:
1. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the message: “Hi. I would like to pre-order a copy of Why Israel?” Porcupine Press will then contact you.
2. GO TO
Click on “Notify Me” and add your e-mail address. The book is currently being printed. When the stock arrives, Porcupine Press will contact you, and then you can finalise payment. The book is only R200 (incl. VAT)
3. Phone your pre-order through on (011) 791 4561
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or my co-author
Suraya Dadoo Firoz Osman
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- PRESS RELEASE : Protectthe Rohingya. - June 8, 2020
- EID-UL-FITR MESSAGE-1441 (A.H) (2020) - May 23, 2020
- How Israel Legitimizes the Abuse of Palestinian Political Prisoners - April 30, 2020